I'm still studying Esther. Anybody else?
I was listening to Lesson 6 today. I'm amazed that the book is not just a good story, not just a true story, but that it is a real literary masterpiece. I like it when someone takes it apart and helps me to see what makes it so.
I like how the story turns on Xerxes' sleepless night. Not Esther's bold approach of Xerxes, or the banquet when she exposed Haman. But on a sleepless night when God brought Mordecai to Xerxes' mind.
It is such a temptation to think that everything depends on me. To wring my hands and think how am I going to fix this or that problem? How am I going to control this situation? Almost like I think someone expects me to!
When all I really need to do is to be faithful, and leave all the outcomes up to God, Who is sometimes the source of sleepless nights, and Who is more than capable of accomplishing His will.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment